RV Service Tips
Get RV tips and advice from the professionals at McColloch’s RV Repair & Storage! We’re bringing our experience and expertise to you to answer your most common questions and concerns. Our tips address a range of topics, covering basic RV care, technical questions, driving advice, maintenance needs, seasonal care, and more.
Have a great article or tip you want to share? Email us! We’re always happy to spread great RVing information. Don’t see your question answered? Give us a call to talk to our of our skilled RV experts.
RV Shopping? Here are 5 RV Features You Shouldn't Overlook!
Many people approach RV shopping with lists of must-have items and no-go deal breakers. These lists might include outdoor kitchen, extra storage, rig length, or solar readiness.
But in our experience talking with RV owners, there are some very important features that people don't think about until they are out traveling in their rig. We constantly hear our listeners and readers say, "I wish we had thought of _______ while we were shopping."
So we have put together a list of the top 5 features people overlook when buying an RV.
- Tank size. You can't see them, so it is easy to forget about them. If you plan on doing any dry camping, or if you plan on staying in state and national parks with limited hook ups, pay attention to tank size. You will want to fill up with fresh water before arrival, and you will want your grey and black water tanks to handle at least a weekend's worth of RV use.
- Movement/Access with Slides In. One of the benefits of RV ownership is using your own kitchen or bathroom while traveling from point A to point B. So if that is in your game plan, make sure you can actually open the bathroom door and refrigerator door, even when the slides are in. Check access to drawers and cabinets also!
- Bathroom Size. No one want to be the person who sits on the toilet when RV shopping, so many folks just stick their heads into the bathroom and look around. It's okay to be that person. Also make sure you can stand in the shower. Close the bathroom door to get a better feel for the amount of space you will have when traveling.
- Doors vs. Curtains. The lightweight or ultra light RVs are perfect for folks with limited tow capacity. But many of these RV models stay light by swapping out doors with curtains. While it may not seem like a big deal, really think about whether you need the privacy of a bedroom door if traveling with the kids or grandkids.
- Walk-Around Bed. Again, many people feel silly climbing into the beds when RV shopping, but if you are uncomfortable with the bed arrangement at the dealership, imagine how you will feel after a week at the campground. Also consider the ease of bed making. If you can't walk around the mattress, this can become an aerobic feat.
Take it from the thousands of RV owners that we have heard from over the years: paying attention to some of the smaller, less obvious RV features is worth it in the long run.
Happy RV shopping!
RV Fiberglass Repair
Repair & Body Work
McColloch’s RV Repair & Storage offers comprehensive RV services, fixing little dings and big breaks to get you back on the road quickly and safely. We can restore your vehicle to original condition, from body repairs and chipped windshields to paint touch-ups and everything in between. Our skilled service technicians have the expertise and experience to get your RV, motor home, or travel trailer running at top performance.
We take on the impossible jobs that other repair centers won't touch. In business for more than 20 years, McColloch's RV Repair has established a premium reputation for quality, reliable service.
Our full-service RV repair shop offers:
- Motorhome and trailer collision repair
- Fillon siding repair & replacement
- Aluminum siding and trim replacement
- Compartment and entry door replacement
- Dry rot wall, ceiling and floor repair
- Fiberglass cap repair and replacement
- Motorhome paint and bodywork
- Rubber, aluminum roof replacement
At McColloch’s, our staff is prepared to handle all of your insurance details so you don’t have to.
RV Windshield Replacement
Don’t let a damaged or broken windshield ruin your trip. We can handle all your glass needs, from a chipped or cracked windshield to replacement side glass. Give us a call fro your glass needs. Most windshields are available within a couple working days. We look forward to getting you back on the road!
Are your windows becoming fogged?
We repair foggy double pane windows for RVs and Motorhomes. Don’t let a foggy dual pane window ruin your view. We can separate, clean, and re-seal foggy RV windows for much less than the cost of replacements.
Call McColloch’s RV Repair & Storage today for a free estimate on your repair and maintenance needs!